Expression of Interest to Work Key Campaign for Provincial Election Campaign
The VDLC invites expressions of interest for an opportunity to be assigned to a key NDP provincial election campaign for approximately one month, ending the day after E-Day, May 9, 2017.
The specific constituency will be determined by the VDLC and will be within the labour council’s regional jurisdiction.
The intention is to bring skills and commitment to the campaign and to coordinate activities with the VDLC, combined with an opportunity to gain campaign experience and build leadership skills.
- To work under the direction of the campaign manager to contribute to the successful election of the candidate
- To coordinate VDLC participation in activities such as labour volunteer door knocking blitz nights and other events for both the specific campaign and additional campaigns
- The successful candidate will be a VDLC delegate (preferred) or other labour activist with demonstrated ability and energy to effectively contribute to an NDP campaign during the provincial election.
- The VDLC will cover the book-off costs for approximately one calendar month with an end date to include May 10, 2017 (the day after the May 9 E-day)
- Securing book-off is the responsibility of the successful applicant and their local union, and can then be invoiced to the VDLC for the amount charged by the employer
- The actual number of days will be determined by the cost per day of wage and benefit replacement to a maximum of $5,000.00
- Extended and irregular hours, including weekends and evenings, is expected
- This opportunity is subject to funding approval.
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, Monday, March 6, 2017
Forward letters of applications and a resume detailing applicable labour movement and political campaign skills and experience, with the subject line “Expression of Interest” to:
Joey Hartman, President – 111 – 170 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC V5L 4C4
Ph: 604-254-0703 Email: email@example.com