Labour Economics Series 2023
May 18, 2023 at 8:00 PM PST This is a virtual event
This six week series will take place via Zoom. The cost includes all six evening sessions and runs from 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Thursdays, starting in April and concluding in May.
Our facilitator for the series is Jim Stanford, Canadian Economist and founder and Director of the Progressive Economics Forum. He has authored several books on Economics and is also the founding Director of the Centre for Future Work.
Participants are encouraged to get a copy of the book Economics for Everyone in advance of the start of this series. A chapter of the book will be assigned for pre-reading for each session of the series. Purchasing the book and doing the pre-reading is not mandatory, but will help you get the most out of each session. Economics for Everyone can be purchased locally at the People’s Co-op Bookstore at 1391 Commercial Drive, Vancouver / Phone# 604-253-6442.
Each evening session will run as follows:
- Economics for Workers: What is the Economy, What is Economics – Thursday April 6
- Work, Workers, and Bosses: The Economics of Employment Relations – Thursday April 13
- The Economy and the Environment – Thursday April 20
- The Financial System and the ‘Paper’ Economy – Thursday April 27
- The Economics of Government and the Public Sector – Thursday May 4
- Building a Fairer, Sustainable Economy – Thursday May 18
The Zoom link will be forwarded a few days prior to the start of the series to the email you register with. If you have any questions, please contact the VDLC office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 604-254-0703.